Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pomplamoose


Earlier today, I was browsing for some video stills of one of my favorite films "La Vie En Rose" the biopic of Edith Piaf. Anyways, as I was browsing, I came across Pomplamoose as they covered "La Vie En Rose." Typically, I'm not for covers, in fact, it's very difficult to convince me otherwise that a cover is even somewhat decent. The minute I heard her voice (Nataly Dawn), I was instantly drawn in. She has that voice that is so delicate but yet so impacting. After hearing this one song, I absolutely had to check out the rest of the album. It turned out to be 50/50. After researching and looking up songs, i discovered this whole album was dedicated to covers. Some were amazing and some... not so much. I was a bit disappointed because I just wished and hoped that they would be one of those bands that amazed you every single time. I will say i've rated their music high enough to be added onto my iPod. The album in which I reviewed is titled "Tribute to Famous People". The covers range from Edith Piaf to Lady Gaga to Aerosmith and so on. I will though, give them credit for having such a broad selection of songs, it's nice to see that in music.
Once again, I have provided the song in which I fell in love with. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment